Tuesday, December 29, 2009

College Romance-A Trance???

DISCLAIMER:The following article is not intended at anyone living or dead and any resemblance to the same is purely coincidental.Moreover,the following is not based on any theoretical or practical knowledge and neither does it have anything to do with the author's relationship status (which is single).


Now coming to the actual stuff, romance is a staggeringly heavy subject for somebody as young and amateur as me to linger on...but still I decided to make a post on this dizzying topic coz I've been hearing a lot about this, post my admission to college and it has left me intrigued how every other Tom,Dick and Harry once into college,manages to plunge into a relationship at a pace greater than lightening.


Well,where do these college romances head to anyway??Are the people(on both sides of the fence)actually serious regarding their relationship and contemplate walking out of the gates together at the end of the course and carry it over to the altar ??Do they really see their life partner in them??Or is it simply considered cool to be flanked by a 2-legged member of the opposite gender about which you can brag to your peers??Is it just a hangover from an overdose of Twilight(which is quite contagious,I presume)or is it truly the inner voice???


Now,my stand on the whole thing(as undiplomatic,crude,sloppy and inexpert as I may sound, I've to speak my mind):



Well,most people once into a relationship(whether it be a serious one or rather the sure-to-fail attempts(in my view o'course) at having one),seem to be really proud of it...they proclaim it with such panache-head held high,chest thrown out and hand over heart-ok, no offence,but it's quite amusing...their entire life seems to be centered around that one person....they're so irrevocably engulfed in that trance that their life might just come to a precarious standstill if that someone leaves them behind(or rather "ditches" 'em in the right words)for some reason......desolation would come crashing at crippling strength making them spiral downwards in misery and leaving them to mope for the rest of their lives.......


Now why bring upon yourself such agony??Be prudential!ok, ok, I know it's quite natural to have the chemicals inside your head go berserk at spotting a good-looking specimen of the other race.....but think twice before launching yourself into the "Romeo-Juliet" mode...coz once the initial thrill and sensation begin to ebb,who knows?you might just be filled with too deep a remorse and guilt at having thrown into drain the best days of your youth when you could've actually been escalating up your career and making remarkable achievements which'd last you your whole life and inspire respect and admiration from others....?Now as much as people might hate to admit it,college romances are invariably platonic(ie perfect in conception but not found in reality).....

Now as I'm quite sure,a major fraction of those who come across this,will dispel and ridicule the words of this 18 year old with much scorn.But as I stated earlier,this is just an other individual's perception and is not the final word on this topic in any respect....one is free to choose the kind of life they want and their way of living it.........after all, we live in a democratic nation!

10 comments:

  1. dat vas an incredible by u paru...sam prespective i av got regdin dis..proud 2 b single...yo yoyo###....highly eulogizbl one....keep up de charmy perceptions yaar...singles rokzzz!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well said :)
    great writing in simple prose;
    looking forward to more from you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post gave me a pang of deja vu, especially considering the fact that I too just wrote a post along similar lines, but with different intentions. :)

    Totally agree with you - every word of it. And with such prescience coming from the mouth of an 18 year old, I'm impressed, I jolly well am! You remind me a lot about myself, when I started blogging six years back - even your style is similar to mine, in many ways. :D

    Having said that, I would debate the fact that campus love is 'platonic' - it's worse actually. It's just a variant of infatuation. But see, at some point in time, the 'chemicals' overrule the 'mind', and you inevitably fall head over heels in love.

    Take it from a guy who's failed countless times and is still hopeful, after four (crappy) years of (your same) college! :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe, you should read this post:
    http://www.harishanker.net/2007/02/crushed/

    Ironically, this post is exactly three years old. Wrote it when I was in my first year - pretty similar to yours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really hope your head remains firmly screwed on your shoulders, just like it is now, in the years to come too...can't say the same of mine when I was your age tho ;-)

    ReplyDelete